Area 12’s Pre-Conference Assembly will be two-part event (PART A: April 4, 2020; PART B: May 16, 2020), conducted to prepare the Delegate for the General Service Conference, will be held online. For details, please see the Area 12 Calendar on the Delaware General Service Assembly website.
Each session will be conducted from 9 a.m. until 11:30 a.m., with breaks between presentations. DCMs and GSRs should attend these technology-driven meetings — and as always, all AA members are welcome!
Topics for the Pre-Conference will include
- A.A. Online Presence
- Consideration of a 5th Edition of the Big Book
- Proposed changes to our literature; specifically, the use of gender-neutral pronouns
How to Join the Assembly
Meeting ID: 804 268 026. There are two ways you can join the assembly.
- Phone Dial In — This option is not much different from calling your bank and entering an account number. However, you will not be able to see or be seen by other attendees.
Dial: 646-558-8656 or 301-715-8592. Enter Meeting ID: 804 268 026 followed by # key. Do not enter participant ID (just push # again).
- Zoom App — This option uses the Zoom app on a computer or smartphone. This allows you to interact with other members visually, but is a bit more complicated. Zoom is a video conferencing service that allows us to hear and see each other, bringing us closer to having a genuine face-to-face meeting.
- Click or tap the link https://zoom.us/j/804268026 to join the Zoom meeting.
- If you don’t have the zoom app or program, you’ll be asked to download it.
- Tap the link again to join.
- Click or Tap “Join with Video” or “Join Without Video” depending on your preference.
- Click or Tap “Call using Internet Audio” **VERY IMPORTANT** (otherwise we won’t be able to hear you 😃).
- You’re in! You can mute yourself by tapping the screen, or moving your mouse over the video to see the menu, and tapping the microphone icon.
Sally T., the alternate delegate for Area 12, will discuss the agenda items with DCM’s this week and next in preparation for the Assembly; and, If you have questions regarding the day’s discussions you should contact your DCM or email Sally.
Please plan to join us for this exciting chapter in Delaware General Service — their first online event!