The Area 12 Pre-Conference Assembly, scheduled for April 4th at the Simpson Center, will instead be held ONLINE through Zoom, which is a video conferencing service that allows us to hear and see each other, bringing us closer to having a genuine face-to-face meeting. Unfortunately, there can be a bit of a learning curve to using it the first time.
- A.A. Online Presence
- 5th Edition Big Book
- Changes to our literature to have gender neutral pronouns
How to Join the Assembly
There are two ways you can join the assembly.
- Phone Dial In — This option is not much different from calling your bank and entering an account number. However, you will not be able to see or be seen by other attendees.
Dial: 646-558-8656 or 301-715-8592. Enter Meeting ID: 804 268 026 followed by # key. Do not enter participant ID (just push # again). When prompted, enter password:061035.
- Zoom App — This option uses the Zoom app on a computer or smartphone. This allows you to interact with other members visually, but is a bit more complicated. Zoom is a video conferencing service that allows us to hear and see each other, bringing us closer to having a genuine face-to-face meeting.
- Click or tap the link (https://zoom.us/j/804268026?pwd=c0hZbzl5VmVqYlZhK1VnZUpKR2ZFUT09) to join the Zoom meeting.
- If you don’t have the zoom app or program, you’ll be asked to download it.
- Tap the link again to join.
- Click or Tap “Join with Video” or “Join Without Video” depending on your preference.
- Click or Tap “Call using Internet Audio” **VERY IMPORTANT** (otherwise we won’t be able to hear you 😃).
- You’re in! You can mute yourself by tapping the screen, or moving your mouse over the video to see the menu, and tapping the microphone icon.
Read the flyer with more information. An agenda with additional details regarding the discussion format will be forthcoming.
Sally T., the alternate delegate for Area 12 will discuss the agenda items with DCM’s this week in preparation for the Assembly .
Please plan to join us for this exciting chapter in Delaware General Service — their first online event!