The May 18, 2020 District 1 meeting will be held online via Zoom .
How to Join the Meeting
There are two ways you can join the meeting
- Zoom App Link (supports video) — This option uses the Zoom app on a computer or smartphone. Zoom allows allows us to hear and see each other, bringing us closer to having a genuine face-to-face meeting.
- Click or tap this link to join the Zoom meeting. (Note: If you have the Zoom app, you can alternatively type 829 5863 8064 for meeting ID and 76732212 for the password).
- If you don’t have the zoom app or program, you’ll be asked to download it.
- Tap the link again to join.
- Click or Tap “Join with Video” or “Join Without Video” depending on your preference.
- Click or Tap “Call using Internet Audio” **VERY IMPORTANT** (otherwise we won’t be able to hear you 😃).
- You’re in! You can mute yourself by tapping the screen, or moving your mouse over the video to see the menu, and tapping the microphone icon.
- Phone Dial In — This option is not much different from calling your bank and entering an account number. However, you will not be able to see or be seen by other attendees. Dial 646-558-8656 or 301-715-8592. Enter Meeting ID: 829 5863 8064 followed by # key. Do not enter participant ID (just push # again). Then enter the password: 76732212 followed by # key.
District 1 includes the City of Rehoboth Beach and the City of Lewes; geographic definition: Route 9 forms the northeast border; route 1 the southeast; remainder of border is coastline.
Seventh Tradition contributions can be sent to District 1 ▼ PO Box 96 ▼ Nassau, DE 19969.
The district meetings are an excellent resource for addressing group problems and concerns. Anyone may attend, but generally the group General Service Representative (GSR), attends on the group’s behalf and is kept up-to-date on A.A. activities and topics of interest at these monthly meetings.
In matters affecting A.A. as a whole, a group’s “conscience” is communicated to the Area Assembly by their GSR through the district committee member (DCM), who is an essential link between the GSRs and the area delegate to the General Service Conference. As leader of the district committee, made up of all GSRs in the district, the DCM is exposed to the group conscience of that district.
For more information, please email email@example.com