Alcoholics Anonymous (A.A.) is an international fellowship of people who come together to solve their drinking problem. There are no age or education requirements. Membership is open to anyone who wants to do something about his or her drinking problem. We are available almost everywhere in the U.S. and world-wide, as well as,
- Anonymous — no personal information, no last names
- Nonprofessional — no paid counselors
- Self-supporting — no cost except what we choose to put in the basket
- Inclusive — everyone is welcome
- Apolitical — we don’t take sides
- Non-sectarian — no religion is promoted
A.A. has been helping alcoholics recover for more than 80 years with a program of recovery built on the simple foundation of one alcoholic sharing with another. A.A.’s primary purpose is to help alcoholics to achieve sobriety.