Southern Delaware Intergroup news for July includes information about new and updated meetings, upcoming events, and a recap of our standing service committees.
- Two new Spanish-speaking meetings in Georgetown have been added: La Nueva Generacion de Georgetown Domingo and La Nueva Generacion de Georgetown Viernes. This makes a total of five weekly meetings to our area. Se han agregado dos reuniones más en español en Georgetown. Esto hace un total de cinco reuniones semanales en nuestra área.
- The Frankford Step meeting location has been corrected to Blackwater Fellowship Church at 34478 Roxanna Rd.
- Find Meetings Near Me — Did you know you can do a quick search of upcoming meetings near you? The default is within five miles, but you can adjust it anywhere from one to 100 miles. Check it out here.
Calendar of Events
Southern Delaware Intergroup maintains a calendar as a resource for local A.A. events which are open to all A.A. members. As anonymity is the “spiritual foundation of all our Traditions,” we practice anonymity on this website and follow the A.A. Internet Guidelines. For more information or to submit event flyers, please send us an email.
Summer is here and we try to enjoy our time at the beach. Therefore, Southern Delaware Intergroup will not meet in July, and none of the districts will be holding their monthly meetings. Additionally, District 3 and 13 will not be meeting in August. Meanwhile, mark your calendars for the following upcoming events.
- 62nd Annual Sessions by-the-Sea — September 3 through September 8 at the Roland E. Powell Convention Center in Ocean City. You can register by downloading and mailing your completed form with your payment.
- Annual Bash at the Beach — September 7 from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm at the Main Pavilion in Cape Henlopen State Park. Cost is $5 plus parking (in-state: $5, out-of-state: $10). Download our flyer to share with others.
- Sponsorship & Service … Stepping Stones to Sobriety — Presented by District 2, this service event will be held on September 14, 9:30 am – 1:00 pm at Conley’s United Methodist Church, 33106 Jolyns Way in Lewes. Download the flyer to share the event. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SDI Service Committees
Currently there are nine (9) standing service committees in Southern Delaware Intergroup which are always looking for help with their activities. For more information on any of the following committees, either attend one of the monthly Intergroup meetings on the first Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 122 E Pine Street, Georgetown, DE., or email us.